Here at Pepper Tree Pembrokes, we strive to provide only the best for our breeding dogs who serve as loving members of our family. To ensure we are able to give our dogs the best possible home life while being able to expand our breeding program and produce the best possible puppies, we like to limit the number of dogs we have living in our home. We are now offering a Guardian Program where qualified families will receive a beautiful health tested puppy/dog at no cost while we retain ownership & breeding rights until retirement.
We provide all (done with our vet) annual veterinary exams, & reproductive-related medical care including Health Testing, OFA X-rays and evaluation, CARE eye exams and genetic testing. Guardian Family is responsible for food (approved by us), all toys & supplies, routine grooming, and all non-breeding-related medical costs. Guardians are required to use both our vet as well as our groomer.
- A FREE puppy/dog once retirement has been met.
- FREE Boarding Services until retirement. As space allows.
- Complimentary grooming provided during whelping stays
- 24/7 breeder support
How It Works
Dogs may be available to Guardian Families at any age from 8 week to 4 years.
- When a female is in heat, she will return to us for 5-7 days to be bred. She will need to return in her 8th week of pregnancy and stay for the duration of whelping, raising, and weaning her litter (approx 6-8 weeks). Guardians must be able to detect a heat cycle and keep her away from any intact male dogs during all heat cycles. Females retire by 5 years old. At that time, she will be spayed by our vet and continue to live the remainder of her life with her Guardian Family under their ownership.
- When a male's stud service is needed he will come back to us for a 1-2 week stay. Guardians must keep males away from all other intact females to prevent accidental breedings with any dog outside of our breeding program. Males retire by 6 years old. At that time, he will be neutered by our vet and continue to live the remainder of his life with his Guardian Family under their ownership.
- You must own your home with no plans of moving out of the area for 5 years.
- Males must live within 30 miles of El Cajon, Ca.
- Females must live within 30 miles of El Cajon, Ca.
No other intact males / females may live in the home.
If you're interested in becoming a Guardian for one of our puppies / dogs, please shoot us a email tellings us a little about your family and your living situation. PepperTreeSD@gmail.com